Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Windows to my Soul

Day 25/366 (1/25/2012)

One of those basic days.   YHS counselors visited campus to talk with our 8th graders, drama (did choreography on my vampires vs. werewolves rendition of "What Is This Feeling (Loathing)?"...oh, yeah, I said it), then choir tonight...

If a day is mundane, does that mean that I missed opportunities to be extraordinary, to further the Lord's kingdom?  Did I accomplish what He had prepared for me today?  I'm uncomfortable because I think I've missed the boat.  Days can't be meant to just be merely lived.  I feel I'm supposed to be His hands and feet and leave His handprints daily.

Lord, please forgive me my complacency.  Please open my eyes to all you have prepared for me each day.  I want to be wholly effective for you.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about this today. Perhaps it can be more difficult to be obedient in the midst of the mundane. What does it mean to walk with Jesus throughout the day. What does it mean to have an ordinary Jesus in the midst of the mundane. . . Lord, give us wisdom. . . I try to pray, "Lord, I want to wake up with you and spend my day with you. . ." each morning. Then, the hard part: living that way. . .especially on the mundane days. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how I love you, friend! Thank you for your constant words of encouragement. I am so confident you make the Lord smile!!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. Blessings to you!