Saturday, January 7, 2012

It is Well With My Soul...Soles

Day 7/365 (1/7/2012)

The kids?  Those are students of mine who rode their bikes alongside us the last two miles shouting encouragement, holding up signs, and blowing on their noisemakers.  Living masterpieces.  The shoes?  Those are the feet that ran 12 MILES TODAY!!!  The blister?  Well, it's my recurring friend whenever I do something crazy like this on our long weekend runs training for my first half-marathon ever.  The TITAN next to me?  That would be the phenomenal Sherri Whitlock, my God-sent running buddy.  She encourages me; I encourage her.  We laugh, we talk, we pray.  And when the going gets unbearably hard, we sing together, "It is well with my soul."

Thank you, Lord, for yet another way to learn how much you want to bless us, to walk...to run with us, especially when it's unbearably hard.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful memorial service for former Crossroads custodian, Ken Courtney, followed by a last-weekend-of-Christmas trip to Disneyland. My 12-mile knees were an interesting combination of stiff-legged hobbling and fast-paced, completely normal jaunting about the park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooo proud of you! Way to go Jenn. I was just wondering when your race was coming up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Team Teach, comprised of 12 teachers from my school (almost all of us brand new runners), are participating in the 14th Annual Palm Springs half-Marathon on Sunday, February 12. It's coming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. Blessings to you!