Saturday, January 21, 2012

One For the Books...

Day 21/366 (1/21/2012)

So today I'm a wee bit proud of myself.  (Thank you, Jesus, for health and an able body!)  I not only ran my second 12 miles (Woot Woot!), but I did it in the pouring rain...6 minutes faster than the last time I ran it!!  (AND today involved a change of clothes at 7.5 miles and two additional water stops we didn't have two weeks ago...Happy dance!)

The first 5.25 miles I was on my own (it was raining so hard I was blowing water drops off my face and out of my mouth).  Then I was joined by my running buddy extraordinaire, Sherri (her Tinkerbell Half-Marathon through Disneyland is next weekend, so she had cut-back miles today), at the first water stop.  Michele, our God-gifted and inspirational running coach, drove home to get me a change of tops, caught up with us at my mile 7.5, and we did an impromptu outfit change on the side of the road.  Even though I had been wearing her "waterproof" outer jacket, we discovered I was soaked through all layers to the bone.  Oh, how refreshing a dry shirt and jacket are!  By the end of 12, we were both completely soggy again.  Truly the only dry spot on me was a strangely asymmetrical "W" on my back side.  Wonder Butt?

Waterlogged calluses, 3 shirts, two jackets, a towel, a blister, tons of cheering ILCS students and families, fruit and Gatorade, and a hot, long shower later...I'm rather in awe of all God does in the body...and in the Body!
 "We are the Family of God, yes,
We are the Family of God.
And He's brought us together to be One in Him
That we might bring Light to the world!"

2 comments:

I'd love to hear your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. Blessings to you!