Friday, February 10, 2012

Perfection

Day 40/366 (2/9/2012)

The race, the half-marathon for which we've been training for four months, is this weekend, Sunday.  It's strange, the whole time I haven't been running during the mid-week as I should have been, just doing the long runs on the Saturday mornings.  Now, in this week leading up to the actual event, we're not allowed to do any running...and all I can think of is how much I want to get out there and stretch my legs.

After school, I trucked out to Corona for church choir practice.  But first, I got to have dinner with my wonderhubby.  Fuji Apple Chicken Salad, baguette, Mountain Dew, Cranberry Orange Smoothie, and a shortbread cookie...and time with my love!  We sat outside and took our time.  The sun set around us.  We strolled through Old Navy and bought a pair of shoes to replace a horribly uncomfortable pair I was wearing.  And we talked.  And spent time.  Then I got to sing hymns and praises to our Lord in choir.  Perfection.
"You shall go out with joy
and be led forth in peace.
The mountains and the hills will break forth before You!
There'll be shouts of joy
and all the trees of the field will clap, will clap their hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. Blessings to you!