Sunday, February 5, 2012

Be still my beating heart...

Day 36/366 (2/5/2012)

Today was one of those days when heaven opens and pours down its angel choirs and heavenly blessing.  I don't mean to be trite and all "Christian-y."  Truly, I feel like I got to be in the presence of the Lord today.  Mike, our wonderful Lauren, and I all got to lead worship for the disabilities ministry at our church.  Pure praise and worship flowed freely from people who have plenty of reason to feel that they got the short end of the stick.  And yet they literally shouted their love of God to all who would listen.  It was impossible to be in the room and not be blessed.

I had to choose one of the pictures I had taken during rehearsal to post today.  But the true photo of the day for me was taken by our Karen, who captured a glimpse into the spirit of the morning.


"Everlasting God"


Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our Hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

Our God, You reign forever
Our Hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

1 comment:

  1. He is worthy of all of our praise. Praising Him for faith and fellowship today. How blessed we are!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. Blessings to you!