Sunday, February 12, 2012

Carb Load!

Day 42/366 (2/11/2012)

Today was the day to prep for the race tomorrow.  Man, oh, man, I am a bit of a wreck.  We drove out to Palm Springs this afternoon to pick up my bib and my timing chip, then drove the last part of the course.  Met up with a bunch of people from the running team at the California Pizza Kitchen for a carb load dinner, then Mike dropped me off at the hotel to stay with the ladies while he drove home.

I've never run before.  I've never wanted to run before.  This has been a singular experience...and I'm nervous as all get-out.  The past month I developed a speed I didn't know I had.  I'm wondering what I'll be able to do tomorrow, what expectations I'll be able to meet and exceed.   I'm afraid, too, that pride will "goeth before the fall."  Will I be able to do a 2:05 (average rate of 9:30/mile)?  Is it possible to actually do a sub-2 (shorter than 2 hours)?  Will adrenaline really kick in that much?  Will it sustain me?  Will I forget to pray for the others during the course?  Is it really becoming all about me?  "Oh, Lord, please don't let that happen.  Please help me to focus on all the other people in the race.  I want to glorify You only."

Philippians 4:4-8

New International Version (NIV)
Final Exhortations
 "4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. Blessings to you!