Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Georgia O'Keeffe

Day 122/366 (5/1/2012)

Well, I am so grateful that the Lord is in control...because I obviously am not.  I was all over this photo project for a month and a half, then it was all over for the next two and a half months.  But it's May Day, and I'm back!

With my middle school art students, we have been studying Georgia O'Keeffe.  What an interesting women who suffered some very painful things in her life.  Nature was her muse.
"When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for the moment. I want to give that world to someone else."

"It [the desert] is vast and empty and untouchable--and knows no kindness with all its beauty."
– Georgia O'Keeffe
She captured the art of looking at something from a different (and usually very up-close) perspective.  Think of all the worlds she saw and lived in.  These worlds can be viewed by all of us; we just have to be willing to crouch, to bend, to crane our necks upwards...  Our God is the Master Artist.
"Consider how the wildflowers grow.  They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you, not even Solomon and all his splendor was dressed like one of these."

-- Luke 12:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. Blessings to you!